The Food Rescue Alliance is a program of Boulder Food Rescue aimed at facilitating grass roots food recovery and movement-building around ending food waste and engaging in food justice both in the Rocky Mountain region, and around the country.
The project entails:
- A peer-learning network between food recovery organizations
- The Food Rescue Robot: Technology development for logistics and tracking (read more here)
- Creating documentation and resources for beginning food rescue groups, including the “Package Deal,” How to start your own food rescue guide.
- The Food Rescue Directory – an open directory of food rescuers with EndFoodWaste.org (see here)
- Organizing regional conferences on food justice issues (e.g., our Food Forward Summit)
- Research on food waste and food recovery including municipal waste audits, nutrition studies, and sustainability analysis