Food Rescue Alliance aims to create a more just and less wasteful food system through both movement building and direct support to grassroots community-based food recovery programs. FRA grows food rescue organizations through peer-to-peer learning, trainings, consulting resource sharing and workshops. FRA members encompass values such as: health equity, community-driven work, participation volunteerism, and committing to systems-level change.
FRA is currently a project of Boulder Food Rescue. The entire project entails:
- A peer-learning network between food recovery organizations
- The Food Rescue Robot: Technology development for logistics and tracking (read more here)
- Creating documentation and resources for beginning food rescue groups, including the “Package Deal,” How to start your own food rescue guide.
- The Food Rescue Directory – an open directory of food rescuers with EndFoodWaste.org (see here)
- Organizing regional conferences on food justice issues (e.g., our Food Forward Summit)
- Research on food waste and food recovery including municipal waste audits, nutrition studies, and sustainability analysis